Last night I stopped at Lowes and picked up a piece of angle for the Rudder. I'll use this to keep the trailing edge straight while the epoxy sets and while riveting.
Tonight I started cutting the Elevator Stiffeners. The left and right elevators use the same stiffeners, So there was allot of cutting.
Here is a picture of the stiffeners cut. I will fit them to the skins next then sand, edge finish them and prime them later this week.
I started drilling the angle and stopped to take this picture.
Look at me I'm drilling.
The angle is drilled!
I deburred the angle in this picture. I'm really glad I bought the Cogsdill deburring tool, It's worth it's weight in gold.
This is my new idea When I start a new piece I'll take a picture and try to label the parts.
1. Elevator Horn - this is between the two elevators for moving them.
2. Right Root Rib - the inner end of the elevator
3. Elevator Skin - The outside of the elevator, the part you will see when the plane is finished.
4. Stiffener - what keeps the skin stiff in the center
5. Hinge Reinforcement Plate - doubler for the control hinge area
6. Rod End Bearing - the part which connects the elevator to the horizontal stabilizer and allows for the elevator motion
7. Counterweight - led weights the balance the elevator
8. Tip Rib - The rib at the tip of the elevator which is backed in front of the spar by a counterweight rib
9. Counterbalance Skin - the skin for the counterbalance weights and ribs
10. Tip - the fiberglass part which is the outside tip of the elevator
Hope this keeps everybody in the clear about what I'm talkin about while I ramble about building.
Type at ya next time.
Previous Home Next